Tapiolan Honka welcomes also players who do not speak Finnish. All teams have coaches with good English language skills and the global langauge of basketball will take care of the rest.
If you or your children are interested in starting basketball, please contact the head coach or team manager of the age category. You'll find the contact information here. You can also contact the team office either by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+358 9 452 1024).
In short, the club offers
- Toddler club is meant for boys and girls between the ages 1 and 3. The sessions consist of free playing with the parents, using the equipment provided by the school and Tapiolan Honka. Welcome to the world of somersaults, running, jumping, climbing, balancing and everything in between!
- Sport Play School is for children between the ages 3 and 6. Sport play school is not yet basketball oriented, but instead we offer a wide variety of fun and sporty games. The most important objective is to support every child’s holistic development from his/her point of view and offer feelings of success.
- Honka Pikkusudet Afternoon Club is meant for 2nd and 3rd graders, who come to Honkahalli (Urheilupuistontie 2) after their school day is over. Afternoon club runs every school day from 12 pm to 5 pm. We also offer a possibility for transportation from the school to Summahalli for an additional cost. In the afternoon club, the kids do their homework, eat a healthy snack, play and exercise indoors and outdoors - all this in a professional and safe environment. One of the main objectives is to add 1-2 hours of exercise to each kid's day.
- Youth teams from about 6-7 year onwards
- Competitive elite teams for professionals
- Recreational teams for adults
- Open 3x3 tournament every May
- Various camps such as Summer camp
Each player is required to pay an annual season fee, the amount of which is decided by the organisation's annual meeting. With the money gathered from the fees, the club covers its largest expenses, such as coaches' fees, rent for practice facilities, administrative costs and game uniforms.
Season fee invoices will be sent by e-mail from the club’s office to every player or his/her parents.
WHAT THE SEASON FEE COVERS
- Coaches’ fees and education
- Rents for practice facilities
- Club’s collective costs, such as administrative costs
- Players’ jerseys
- Club's payments to the Finnish Basketball Association (FBA), such as national and regional league fees
- Referee costs
- An annual Tapiolan Honka –product
- Member discounts
- A free two-week introductory period
WHAT THE SEASON FEE DOES NOT COVER
- Finnish Basketball Association basketball license
- Tournament costs
- Basketball equipment
- Personal insurance. Each player is responsible for his/her own insurance.
Tapiolan Honka's partner LähiTapiola offers an extended sports insurance, which covers accidents wider than a traditional accident insurance. For more information, contact Jaana Rydenfelt (040 523 9276 / email@example.com) or Paulus Pohjola
(040 966 0180 / firstname.lastname@example.org).